Accounting and the finance sector have undergone a major transformation as a result of QuickBooks accounting software. Yet, this software, like others, has a variety of errors, issues, and technical glitches that impair the user’s ability to effectively use it. QuickBooks crash com error is one of such errors, troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article can help QB users to easily fix the QuickBooks crash com error.
Overview of QuickBooks Crash Com Error
The crash com error in QuickBooks desktop often arises when the users try to email the invoice to their clients, or certain amendments and updates are introduced by Microsoft. Quickbooks keeps Crashing and users might end up losing the unsaved information as a consequence of this error. Also, making changes in the invoice or receipt can be very frustrating and aggravating for QuickBooks users as QuickBooks keeps Crashing when you try to do it.
Let us learn more about this error through this article.
Causes of QuickBooks Crash.Com Error
Listed below are certain conspicuous causes leading to this QuickBooks crash com error:
- Synchronizing of windows and other components fails.
- Inappropriate Installations of QuickBooks software.
- Components of QuickBooks or the windows are missing.
- Corrupted window file.
When QuickBooks Crash Com Error arises?
There are multiple instances where the QuickBooks users might come across this error. Some of them are mentioned below:
- While mailing the invoices to the clients.
- When the user tries to save anything.
- In case the users want to attach any file.
- When accessing any report.
How to fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
Solution 1: Toggle the mail setting.
- Open the control panel, and select user account.
- Now please tap on the “mail” option and navigate to Microsoft Outlook.
- Please click on file options and click on show profile.
- Tap on the “Outlook” icon
- Select “Always use profile”
- Now please tap on Apply after that click on OK
- This is one of the QuickBooks Crash Com Error Solution
Solution 2: Link Email Account to Outlook Application.
- Open File Menu within the Outlook.
- Tap on the “add account”
- Type the correct email that you want to link, and tap on “Next”
- Wait for some time, so that it can be added, and then click on “Connect”
- Type the password and click on OK.
This would probably solve the issue. If QuickBooks Desktop fails to detect Microsoft Outlook even after following the troubleshooting steps in the right sequence, then you will have to follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Choose preferences through the “Edit” option.
- Tap on the “Send Form” button
- Now Select the “My Preference” option
Solution 3: Set up a new Microsoft Outlook email profile.
- Quit your Microsoft Outlook and then implement the following steps:
- Go to the control panel and then to the user account.
- Click on the “Mail” tab.
- Select Show Profile and then click on Add.
- Enter your name.
- Proceed further by clicking on OK.
- For adding an email account, adhere to the instructions displayed on the screen.
- For culminating the process, select Apply and then, OK.
Solution 4: Set Microsoft Outlook as a default mailing app.
If in case the above-mentioned methods do not work to resolve your problem, setting your Microsoft Outlook as a default, mailing app might help you to rectify or resolve the QuickBooks crash com error.
Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Control Panel and then head to Programs.
- Select the default program option.
- Set your default program and then follow by clicking on the mail tab.
- Select an outlook and then click on save.
- You may also refer to the QuickBooks Desktop Support team for any professional assistance, if you don’t want to follow any more troubleshooting steps.
Solution 5: Adding a new Windows administrator
The QuickBooks crash com error can also be fixed by adding a new window administrator.
Listed below are the steps included in this method:
- Initially create a window user including all the rights of admin.
- Click on the window start menu and select all programs.
- Go to the Windows, small businesses server and select window SBS console.
- Forge ahead by clicking on users and groups. Select Add New User Account.
- Provide the user’s info and click on add a new user account.
- Now you need to give new user admin privileges.
- Select finish after completion.
- Login to the window with a new user.
- Now, Please log in to QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 6: Update the MS Outlook Application
- Please open MS Outlook and Tap on the “File” Option.
- Now click on the “Update Preferences”
- Tap on the “Update Now” option
Solution 7: Repair MS Outlook and Windows OS.
- In order to resolve this error, MS Office needs to be repaired or reinstalled.
- After that do update the QuickBooks Desktop program and don’t miss restarting the computer.
- Open the “Run” window by pressing the “Windows” button along with the “R” button on the keyboard type there “app.wiz.cpl”
- This will open the “Programs and Features” tab
- Check all the installed software on this window any software you don’t recognize or find unnecessary please uninstall it.
Solution 8: Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Please login to the QuickBooks program
- Now on the menu bar go to “Options”
- Press the “Update Now” option
- Wait for Updates to finish.
Solution 9: Operate QuickBooks Desktop in the compatible mode
- Open your QuickBooks desktop, and select properties.
- Choose to run this program in the Compatible Mode.
- Choose Windows 7.
- To culminate the process, click on Apply and then on OK.
Solution10: QuickBooks security and firewall exceptions configuration
- Add the QB Firewall exceptions to the QuickBooks communication funnel right.
- As per the instructions provided in the user’s manual, configure the processing of QuickBooks and exceptions of the port.
- Reboot your system.
This article includes all the effective methods for resolving the QuickBooks crash com error. As we discussed above this error is likely to occur when you email the invoices to the clients. Although there are certain other methods as well, the aforementioned methods are enough for resolving this error effectively. If ever this issue or error reoccurs, the QuickBooks users are free to consult our team at any point via the QuickBooks Support Phone Number