QuickBooks, a renowned software in the accounting world, comes up with numerous benefits and tools that help users to work seamlessly. But, QuickBooks is a technical software prone to inevitable technical glitches. However, all such errors can be easily rectified and resolved by following some technical aspects.
One of those errors is QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118. Users may encounter this error whenever they try to open their QuickBooks desktop. Although many reasons may lead to this error, through this article, we aim to discuss some of those factors and the methods of troubleshooting this QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118: An overview
The QB users sometimes encounter the QuickBooks error 3371 whenever they try to activate or reconfigure the QuickBooks Desktop.
The QuickBooks error code also arises when the company files are damaged or are missing. Besides this, the users are notified of an error message before they encounter this error, which states, “QuickBooks can not initiate the license properties”.
- If the users tap on the OK tab, a different dialogue box will appear on the screen as a QuickBooks Fatal Error.
- After the users tap on the OK tab for this fatal message, the whole screen will go black. Dealing with this error can be frustrating and aggravating for the users. The users might also get into inconvenience.
What Causes the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118?
As per the norms of Intuit, QB users must have the license details saved on their hard drives. Meanwhile, if the license data gets corrupted or damaged, the users may come up against QuickBooks error code 3371. As a result, it becomes necessary for the users to re-enter their license details to resolve this issue.
There are a lot of reasons or causes that may lead to the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. listed below are some of them.
- The file that is used by the QuickBooks desktop to operate can be either missing, damaged, or corrupted.
- The file installed consists of the license details. And Intuit looks for this specific file every time it’s active. Because of any reason, if the file doesn’t support it, the QB desktop will not launch.
- MSXML is one of the crucial components of Microsoft. It helps in operating the QuickBooks desktop. Moreover, MSXML supports the QB desktop in retrieving the details of the downloaded file. If the file is damaged, it may cause inconvenience for the users to access their QB desktop.
- Suppose the Windows operating system has become obsolete. It might lead to the occurrence of this error.
- The QuickBooks tech stop may also encounter this error. In case they open the company file without saving it. It is always recommended to keep the file before running it.
Points to Remember
Listed below are specific essential points that the users need to consider to prevent QuickBooks errors. 3371 status code 11118.:
- The users must ensure that their QuickBooks desktop is updated to its latest version. Otherwise, the installation of QuickBooks might fail.
- If the users continue facing specific errors, even after following the resolution steps, they need to connect with the professionals at the earliest to fix all the queries related to Windows OS.
Indications of QuickBooks 3371 Status Code 11118
QuickBooks users are notified of sure signs or indications to identify the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. Listed below are some of those indications:
- The QuickBooks Desktop freezes, and the system begins to lag.
- Moreover, users can also encounter this error whenever the software crashes when they launch it.
- If the users were notified of a mystifying HTML file, they should be prepared for such an error.
- The QuickBooks error 3371 status code 1118 is likely to occur when the users fail to launch the company file on the QuickBooks desktop.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Below is the graphical representation of the QuickBooks added 3371 status code 1118, which will help the users understand this error.
The steps to troubleshoot look at it go 3371 are as follows:
Method1: Update your Windows operating system
QuickBooks users are strictly instructed to update their windows to its latest version. Otherwise, their QuickBooks desktop might get damaged. Listed below are specific steps that the users need to follow to update the Windows operating system.
- Tap on the Windows logo tab
- Click on all programs and select Window Update.
- Once the updates are downloaded, tap on Install QuickBooks.
Often, the QuickBooks error 3371 gets resolved just after following the first method. If the users persist in this error, they should follow the further steps.
Method 2: Delete the ECML file and Rename the Entitlement file
QuickBooks users are likely to encounter this error whenever they try to launch the company file in QuickBooks accounting software, and it fails to open. It keeps on asking for a mistifying HTML file. Below are some steps the users need to follow to resolve the error 3371.
- Tap on Windows + R simultaneously on your keyboard. Tap on the Run tab.
- Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then tap on enter.
- Tap on the OK tab.
- Users can navigate the ecology file easily.
- Click on the delete tab to fix Error 3371.
- Exit the page and re-open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you have not yet registered the product, kindly do it.
The steps for Windows XP are different from that of others. The users had recommended to follow the steps attentively:
- Tap on the start, tap and select run.
- Enter the following command in the open field “C://Documents” and tap on the Settings tab.
Method 3: Install the latest Windows updates
As discussed previously, updating the Windows OS to its latest edition can help you to resolve the quick books and 83 seconds one status code 11118. The users are instructed to follow the steps below to update their windows.
- Initially, tap on the start key tab.
- Please select all the programs and update Windows to its latest release.
- Tap on the update tab and select check for the latest update option.
- Lastly, click on reinstall the QuickBooks.
Once you’re done with all the steps mentioned above, we assume the error has been resolved. But in case the error persists, adhere to the instructions given below:
- Resolve all common installation errors with the help of the QuickBooks component repair tool.
- Tap on the clean install tab.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub program
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool hub on your desktop.
- Locate the installation issues, tap the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, and execute it.
- Please wait for a while and let the tool do its job.
- Lastly, restart your system.
Method 5: Execute 3371 error fix using QB tool hub
If the users have installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub on their device, they can get direct access to resolving the QuickBooks error 3371. Listed below are specific steps that the users need to follow to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118:
- Click on the QuickBooks Tool hub twice.
- Tap on the installation issues option.
- Click on fix error 3371.
- Tap on OK, and open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen the company file and verify whether the issue has been resolved entirely.
We assume the users must have understood what QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 is about and how to troubleshoot it. By following the steps listed above, the users can successfully resolve this error. Whereas the users continue to encounter this issue, they can easily connect with the QuickBooks Experts at any time via qb.support. The professionals are always available to assist the clients with the best possible solutions. The experts will be highly delighted to serve you.